What is Hair Transplant?
Hair Transplant is the process in which the hair follicles from back of head are implanted in the hair follicles/roots on the frontal area of the scalp. People with less hair on their heads can easily adopt this process. Due to the advancement of medical science, this process has become much easier now. Hair Transplant Surgery is becoming more common in India like abroad. Hair transplant in Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chandigarh etc are some of the key locations to get hair surgery. Since it is a surgical procedure, it is imperative to have many questions and doubts in any person’s mind before adopting it.
The team of experienced doctors perform the process of hair transplantation. This process is completely safe and the person can get his natural hair again, provided that the procedure should be done with experienced and expert doctors, such as a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
A list of Do’s and Don’ts Post Hair Transplant:
- Just keep spraying the scalp with daytime spray provided on discharge every 20 minutes for the first 12 hours. Continue for 4 days.
- Drink Plenty of water regularly
- Relax for a while
- Take antibiotics and painkillers for a few days to reduce the pain and infections as prescribed by doctor.
- One 6th day you can touch your head and remove the scabs gently
- After 15 days, for the development of hair, Minoxidil solution is suggested.
- It is said that the hair grown from the hair transplant is permanent but in some cases it may also fall. It is necessary to take care of their care.
- Include high-protein grains, green vegetables, salads, sprouted cereals, seasonal fruits, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, paneer, soybeans etc. in the daily diet.
- Walk 30 to 40 minutes daily, so that the sweat glands in the skin of the head are not blocked.
- Be gentle while brushing your hair
- Prefer soft brush and always dry them before brushing
- Start your workouts slowly avoiding excessive sweating
- Keep scalp clean and dry
- After surgery sleep in a semi-upright position with 2 or more pillow to elevate the head
- Use ice packs in case of bleeding
- Cover head with cotton cloth while stepping out
- Take care of scar if operated with FUT
- Use a mild shampoo
- Consume Vitamin C to reduce the chances of bleeding
Do not do what
- Do not wash the hair for the next 24 hours after surgery, thereafter you can just pour water (sterilized) on the hair.
- Don’t scratch or rub
- Avoid T shirt or cardigans
- Avoid Swimming
- Refrain from any heavy workouts Or weight lifting
- Do not stand under a strong shower
- Don’t touch implanted hair for next 7 to 10 days after surgery.
- Avoid wearing helmets.
- Don’t expose yourself to sun and dust
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t eat junk or spicy food
- No Styling
- Avoid hair dryers for 1-2 weeks
- Avoid anything that aids in thinning of blood (Vitamin E)
- Do not use color or go for any haircuts.
- Don’t Consume alcohol
- Avoid caffeine, garlic
Following the above instructions probably there will be no issues but in cases of the following problem prevails:
- Swelling – It will occur in most of the cases
- Pain – Take Solpadeine and Nurofen
- Numbness – With Time it will go
- Infection – consult the doctor
Some facts post hair transplant
- Usually, there is a slight swelling on the face and forehead, which is healed after some time.
- Even after transplant, the person can transplant again for the remaining hair, but for that the person should avoid the same donor area, only then the transplant can be done.
- After 1 to 2 months hair starts to grow properly, so it takes at least 3 to 4 months to get the full result.
- Hair that comes after Hair Transplant is absolutely natural. It grows like they grow natural hair and they are cared for like a natural hair.
- You can cut them, make shampoo, apply oil, ride them, give any style and even color.
- When you have gone through a micro graft then a compression bandage will be wrapped around your head. Most of hair transplant procedure doesn’t involve a bandage but all forms of surgical treatment involve stitches.