The art of exercising to balance the body’s energy for living the life for longer is known as qigong. The medicinal of Chinese believe that most of the ailments in the body are caused due to the stagnation of the life’s energy. They also believe that qigong is not just used for prevention but also used for self development.
The specific characteristics of qigong are mentioned as follows:
- This art could be classified into three main categories. They are medicinal, spiritual and related to war of conflicts
- All the three categories have many things common
- They involve gentle and slow movements
- Postures of balancing, sort of meditation
- Deep and slow breathing
- Sound used to promote the proper functioning of the organs inside the body
- Rate of flexibility, circulation and balance are all the same and very important to understand
- Helps to relax the body from emotional, spiritual and mental disturbance
- Removes the blockage of the movement of energy flowing inside the body
- Harmonising the mind and body
There are many benefits behind practising qigong. It is now considered to be under medicine, martial arts and also beneficial of health. Millions of people all around the world have now started following qigong on a very large scale. Qigong is used or practised to bring about self awareness, visual emotions, develop calmness, inculcate better well being and produce spiritual faculties.
Qigong is spread and practised in the entire world on a large variety. It is beneficial for everyone whether the person is young or old. The physical fitness is not regarded before practising qigong. Any life situation or any systems of belief is also not regarded before practising this type of art. It does not require any special clothing or accessory to follow the art.